Thursday, July 14, 2011

Welcome to the Boston Healthcare Translation Service

When I meet someone at a cocktail party, after some polite banter, the question of what I do usually comes up. When I mention that I work in health care, that often becomes the topic of conversation. 

The health care system, especially in Massachusetts, is extraordinarily complex. I hope to explain a little bit of it over time. First, there are the health care jargon terms that you will hear if you are within earshot of a health care professional. They mean something in English, really. Next, there's the doublespeak you hear coming from advocates for every part of the health care system, which often doesn't mean what it sounds like. Finally, there's the research that's breathlessly repeated by news outlets, often contradicting an article that came out last week.

I think that I'll be able to keep posting for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment